Primary Staffing https://www.primary-staffing.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/JB-Square-200x200-1.png http://www.primary-staffing.net/ http://www.primary-staffing.net/ USD 19 HOUR true
Account Receivable Collection
Chicago, IL 60623 US
Posted: 03/29/2023 2023-03-29 2023-07-06 Employment Type: Contract Industry: CLERICAL Job Number: DS338880328 Pay Rate: $19 / hour
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files and contacts delinquent account holders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in English and Spanis with Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculators, and copiers.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Available to work alternating weekends (mostly Saturday, off on Sunday)
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience is required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.