IT Support / Technical Support
Oak Lawn, IL 60453 US
In this role, you will be integral to optimizing system processes, managing server workstations, and providing critical technical support to our staff members. This role offers substantial interaction with diverse teams and the opportunity to influence the IT infrastructure, ensuring our systems are secure, efficient, and up-to-date.
- Network Configuration and Optimization: Manage and optimize network connections and settings to maintain efficient remote and telephone-based services. Your expertise with network infrastructure—routers, switches, firewalls, and network protocols—will be crucial. You will perform testing and troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve network issues while documenting processes and best practices.
- Employee Training: Utilize your technical prowess to provide necessary training and support to employees, thereby optimizing the utilization of their computers and systems.
- Software and Server Testing: Conduct regular tests on software and servers to ensure functionality, security, and efficiency, assuring all components are running optimally.
- Hardware Installation and Maintenance: Oversee the installation of new hardware and software, perform system upgrades, and maintain the existing computer equipment for optimal system performance.
- Technical Support: Offer responsive and comprehensive technical support to staff members, resolving computer-related issues as needed.
- Backup and Recovery: Manage robust backup and recovery processes, safeguarding data integrity and availability.
- Periodic Analysis: Undertake regular analysis of computer hardware and software using the latest technology and testing tools.
- Familiarity with telephony systems and concepts, including VoIP and PBX.
- Solid experience with networks is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.- Proficiency in software and hardware maintenance and the ability to troubleshoot problems or suggest improvements is a must
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or equivalent experience is a plus.
We value your passion for the IT field, and experience takes precedence over a degree in our evaluation.